The Team

Linda Adamson
Akshay Arora
Greg Burt
Carl Crane
Soo Wai Eng
Dana Grant
Vince Grant
Abhi Gorhe
Suzanne Mckeen
Aly Nanji
Aadam Nanji

Franklin Perry
Bill Pevec
Janakie Ratnayake
Brent Reinke
Seth Saxena
Mike Sills
Jason Wells
Julia Winiarski


Desiree Crane
Brad Reinke
John Rose

Guest Faculty
David Breashears

Trek Leaders
Sanjay Saxena
Mingmar Sherpa

Sherpa Guides
Pasang Sherpa
Chhongnuri Sherpa
Dorjee Sherpa
Jiku Sherpa
Pemba Sherpa
Dorji Sherpa Jr.
Ngawang Thule Sherpa
Lakpa Sherpa

Our Ground Operator

Daily Blog

Apr 21 - Depart USA
Apr 22 - En route
Apr 23 - Kathmandu
Apr 24 - Trek Day 1
Apr 25 -Trek Day 2
Apr 26 - Trek Day 3
Apr 27 - Trek Day 4
Apr 28 - Trek Day 5
Apr 29 -Trek Day 6
Apr 30 - Trek Day 7
May 1 - Trek Day 8
May 2 -Trek Day 9
May 3/4-Trek Days 10/11
May 5 - Trek Day 12
May 6 - End Trek
May 7 -In Kathmandu
May 8 - Return Home




Trek to Everest Base Camp


Tour schedule: We say goodbye to our trekking staff, and prepare to make the return to Kathmandu. Weather permitting the morning flight will get us back to the Nepali capital, where we will return to the cozy confines of the Yak & Yeti Hotel. The remainder of the day will be at your leisure to shop, wander the bazaars and enjoy exotic Kathmandu.

Woke up pre-dawn to see a star filled sky - good weather! and promptly went back to bed, only to wake in time for breakfast and see tons of low clouds rolling in - yikees! no early morning flights had landed. At breakfast everyone was upbeat, yet sober – I am sure the same thoughts were going through everyone mind - will we be able to fly out today or will we be stuck like the other groups. Half our group is scheduled to depart Nepal tomorrow, the rest the day after. No flights had landed yesterday morning, but three did land just as we were walking to Lukla (mid-afternoon, which is quite late). By 11:00 am no flights had landed but lots of ferrys by the B2, B3 helicopters. As a group we decided that we will take the Russian helicopter back to Kathmandu and not risk the weather getting worse and being stuck in Lukla for another day. Once I finalized the contact the chopper flew to Jiri to install all of the seats and then came to get us.

Following are some pictures of the helicopter.

The Russian made cargo helicopter being prepped for our group flight to Kathmandu

tightly packed inside the chopper (they must have learnt from UA!)

safely on ground at Kathmandu Airport (Greg getting his photo taken)

Afternoon was simply used by everyone to shower, get clean clothes, relax by the pool. We met in the evening and went out for a "Traditional Nepali" farewell dinner.